These vegan gluten-free black bean brownies are packed with protein and flavor, and you can actually say “healthy dessert,” in an oxymoronic way.
- 1 cup black beans (pre-cooked or canned/drained)
- 1 ripe banana
- 8-10 dates soaked in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or other gluten-free flour of your choice)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or cacao (see below link for differences of cocoa vs cacao)
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional for desired sweetness)
Combine all ingredients including the soaking water for the dates into a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a 9×9 in baking pan, that is oiled or has baking paper.
Sprinkle top with some dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips (optional).
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes, or until you see the the top of the brownies cracked.
Do not over bake, but allow brownies to have some moisture or they will dry out once cooled down.
Now, enjoy with some coconut milk ice-cream or non-dairy milk.