Whether it is a meal or a snack, it can be difficult to find something healthy.
The challenges include feeling guilty-free after eating while also trying to feel satisfied.
Part of why we eat and indulge is to satisfy certain cravings, and hunger obviously.
Sometimes we eat out of pure boredom, or because we are stressed or depressed.
Whatever the reasons are, understand that once the food has made it past the mouth, that is where it all begins.
The consequences of what you have eaten will have long-term influences on your health, so while taste is an important component of what we eat, don’t underestimate the power of foods that are not only super healthy, but that have the “wow” taste factor as well.
Here is something I randomly concocted because I was simply hungry, but in a healthy way.
I knew that after I ate it, I would feel like a million bucks. And I did.
The AntiOxidant AntiAging Cup
- One small banana (sliced or chopped).
- Half an avocado (chopped).
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, coconut or almond (carrageenan-free if possible).
- Tablespoon raw/organic honey (i like Heavenly Organics brand with neem).
- 3/4 scoop hemp protein.
- 3/4 scoop chia seeds.
- Tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut flakes.
- 1/2 scoop of gluten-free wheatgrass/spirulina/chlorella (optional, i use Amazing Grass Green Superfood).
- 2-3 tablespoons of home made juice (i use a whole juice i make that has beets/spinach/apple/carrots/cherries/mixed berries).
- 1/2 scoop vegan protein powder (vanilla flavor preferable).
- 1/2 scoop of gluten-free oats.
You can add chopped walnuts, raisins, cacao, dark chocolate chips… go healthy crazy.
(Prep time varies, depending on if juice was already made. My prep time was 5-7 min because I had it all ready to go)
Be creative! You get the gist. There is no set recipe. Have fun.