I just made this healthy vegan , gluten-free pumpkin bread.
- 1 cup flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF all-purpose flour… if you want a fluffier bread, you can add up to 1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (I used a combo of nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon)
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pumpkin seeds (optional…I did not use this)
- 1/2-3/4 cup began chocolate chips (optional…I did not use this)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp mashed ripe banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or organic honey (I prefer honey, much less sugar than maple syrup)
- 3 tbsp vanilla or unsweetened coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350F.
Put dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
Combine dry and wet ingredients.
Pour batter into loaf pan or 9″x9″ pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed with an oil to coat surface.
Bake about 45 minutes.
I made a topping that involves
So Delicious Coco Whip cream with some mashed banana and pumpkin purée and cinnamon and nutmeg.
You can add whatever proportions you want as it should suit your taste buds.
After pumpkin bread is taken out of oven and cooled… slice and top with the whip cream.
Serve and devour.