It has been a sweltering summer so far, and it’s great to have refreshing drinks that are nourishing and healthy.
This drink reminds me of lassi, which is a yogurt-based drink from India that can be sweet or savory.
However, the drink I made is non-dairy.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I used the canned coconut milk)
- about half a dozen pitted dates (Medjool or California varieties are fine). if the dates don’t have a soft, fudge-like consistency, then let them sit in boiling water for a few minutes
- 1 tspn pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tspn fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of sea or Himalayan salt
- a cup or so of ice
- optional: a teaspoon of honey or coconut sugar if you want sweetness
Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend away.
So refreshing (see pic).
That was the before pic.
My boys loved it as well.