Anti Aging Treatment
Whether one calls it optimal aging or anti aging or regenerative medicine, it is not a myth anymore. Everybody wants to discover the fountain of youth, and the last two decades in medicine have shown an explosion in cosmetic surgeries and aesthetic procedures. People are willing to do anything to turn back the hands of time. However, what most people fail to realize is that anti aging doesn’t necessarily work from the outside in. We have to work from the inside out and RESTORE BALANCE. This involves optimizing the ability of our cells to do what they do best, which is keep us healthy & happy, keep cancer cells at bay and repair blood vessels that are damaged daily. All this entails correcting deficiencies of hormones and nutrients, removing toxins, maintaining mental peace and keeping a body that is structurally sound and pain free. When you work from the inside out, you will recapture youth and look radiant because restoring the balance will make your skin, hair, nails and everything inside your body be amazing.
Use forms of bioidentical hormones to the body’s molecular structure HRT should always be accompanied by the nutrients that activate the hormone receptor and removal of toxins that may interfere with the activity of the nutrients or hormones.
Hormone FUNCTION is more important than hormone LEVEL, so even though a hormone may be NORMAL, it may not be OPTIMAL
To achieve optimal hormonal function, it is necessary to use a little bit of each deficient hormone since they activate each other, rather than a whopping dose of one hormone like DHEA in hopes that it converts to other hormones.
There is no magic pill to balance high insulin and cortisol and so attention is required to reduce stress, detoxify, make lifestyle changes and give adrenal support.
There are great in-depth tests (see TESTING section) to analyze nutritional and antioxidant status which helps take the guesswork out of what supplements are needed.
The first place to investigate to explain nutrient deficiency is lack of proper absorption caused by bowel toxins and low levels of beneficial bowel bacteria.
Supplements should be of high quality without fillers, dyes, binders and impurities, and so get advice from the doctor and/or nutritionist on recommended supplements and nutraceuticals.
IV therapy is a great way to restore nutrients, but when oral supplements are taken, they should be in divided doses because the intestines cannot absorb the entire day’s worth of nutrients one time….smaller & multiple doses increases intestinal absorption.
Many people are B12 deficient due to lack of intrinsic factor, which is required for B12 absorption, so levels need to be bumped up with weekly injections initially ratio of each meal should be this: 50% fruits/veggies, 25% lean protein, 25% complex carbs.
Some of the best antioxidants are super-foods such as spirulina, chlorella, berries, dark chocolate, red wine, clove oil and colorful veggies such as beets, spinach, carrots, squash…some of the best “good fats” come from walnuts, almonds, flax, salmon.
Use ranges of healthy sources instead of overindulging in one healthy food source, such as soy…be broad, that way you get more variety of nutrients and antioxidants.
How Can I Remove Toxins?
- Avoid toxins such as chlorinated water, processed foods, plastic water bottles and food containers, pesticides, EMF, gas fumes and medications
- Check for food allergies and food intolerances/sensitivities and replenish “good” bacteria in the bowel
- There are accurate tests to identify toxins through saliva, urine and blood
- Balancing the Mind, Body & Spirit
- Make yourself the center of your universe by setting intentions to achieve health and peace in everything you do…by honoring your own needs first, you will become strong enough to take care of others
- Strengthen your body with regular exercise, yoga, tai-chi, qi-gong…all of which have been shown to decrease risks for cancer, heart disease and cognitive decline by more than 30%
- Indulge in weekly massages or hydrotherapy with epsom salts to rebalance blood flow to the organs…the strong therapeutic benefits have been well established by the ancient Indians in Ayurvedic medicine as well as Romans and Greeks
- Practice conscious breathing 5-10 minutes a few times daily…meditate and relax, even for 15 minutes daily….all this will help extend your healthy life
Age is a matter of feelings, not years. When we are young, we try to look older. When we are old, we try to look younger. If that isn’t one of the biggest paradoxes of life, then I don’t know what is. Know that you are always the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, for you are the one living it. Make each year beautiful and memorable. Be comfortable with growing older. We all inevitably age, but learn how to optimally age. Synergistiq Integrative Health will help you recognize that.